Any updates or modifications to this Policy will be posted to our Website on this page. By using or accessing the Services, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by this Policy.
Our Services are operated in the United States but can be accessed worldwide. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, please consult the sections of this policy relating to the “Rights of EEA Data Subjects” and “International Data Transfers” for provisions that may apply to them.
California residents should consult the section titled “Your California Privacy Rights” for rights that apply to them.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Types of Information
We may collect the following types of Information through our Services:
(1) “Personal Data” such as your name, e-mail address and phone number, account or mailing address, and other information that can be used to directly identify and contact you (which, in some cases, may include certain Device Information or information from the signature block of your e-mail);
(2) “Device Information” which is information relating to the computer or device you are using when you access our Services, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device identifiers (including Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), the type of browser and operating system you are using, the identity of your internet service provider, and your device and browser settings.
(3) “Usage Data” which is data related to your use of the Services such as the pages you visit, the sites you use before or after visiting ours, your actions within the Services, the type of content or advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on, Wi-Fi connections, date and time stamps, log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
As described in more detail below, we collect Personal Data only when you provide it to us but may collect other types of Information whenever you use our Services through automated means such as software developer kits, cookies and web beacons (which are discussed in more detail below).
You may enter the Website and browse its content without submitting any Personal Data. However, we will need to collect relevant Personal Data to provide you with certain services offered by the Services, including if you choose to create an account on our website, contact us or otherwise communicate with us in any way, subscribe or opt in to our newsletter, alerts, or other communications, subscribe or opt in to SMS messages, sign up for product waitlists, participate in a contest or promotion, order our products, submit product reviews, questions, feedback or user comments, complete an optional survey, contact customer service or otherwise interact with the Services.
Device Information & Usage Data
Whether or not you submit Personal Data, any time you visit our Services, we or our service providers may collect, store or accumulate certain Device Information and Usage Data. This Information may be used in furtherance of the purposes described above with respect to Personal Data and in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as optimizing the Services, evaluating the popularity of content, generating statistics and developing marketing plans, and otherwise for general administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and security purposes.
Information to and from Social Networks
Sharing of Information
In no event will we disclose, rent, sell or share any of your Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We only share your Information with third parties for the purposes described below.
We contract with companies or individuals to provide certain services related to the functionality and features of the Services, including content streaming, email and hosting services, software development, data management, orders, payment processing, management of forms, quizzes and polls, customer service, returns, live chat, marketing, fraud prevention, product review and questions, and administration of contests and other promotions. We call them our “Service Providers.” We may share your Information with Service Providers as appropriate for them to perform their services for us and our Service Providers are permitted to use your Information only for such purposes.
The server automatically logs the IP address you use to access our website as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
We may also share or transfer Device Information and Usage Data in aggregated, anonymized form with or to our affiliates, licensees, partners and Service Providers for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and security purposes, but no such Information will be linked with your Personal Data or be used to identify or contact you.
Automated Data Collection / Cookies
We may use certain automatic analytics and tracking technologies to assist us in performing a variety of functions, including storing your Information, collecting Device Information and Usage Data, understanding your use of the Services and customizing the content offered to you on the Services. We may use platforms like Google Analytics to provide aggregated or anonymized information relating to demographics, geography, interests or affinities. Other technologies we may use include:
(2) Web Beacons. We may also use "web beacons" or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
(3) Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers or app developer platforms that use, mobile Software Development Kits ("SDKs") that are incorporated into the Services to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), geolocation information, and other information about your device or use of the Services. A mobile SDK may act as the mobile version of a web beacon (see "Web Beacons" above).
By visiting the Services, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Services through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you. Please note that no such tracking technologies will collect any Personal Data from you unless you choose to submit it to us and that data relating to you individually is not shared with any third parties.
Personal Data Retention
Privacy and Security
We take reasonable precautions to protect our customers' Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
If you believe your Personal Data is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of Automated Decision Making and Profiling
Except to the extent personal data is used by third-party ad networks for online behavioral advertising, neither we, nor service providers on our behalf, engage in profiling or automated decision making activities that produce legal and/or similarly significant effects upon you.
Children Under 16
Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to use the Services. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data directly from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 13, please do not send any Personal Data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and you believe your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Third Party Platforms
Our Services or communications may contain links to third party websites, over which we exercise no control, including the form of embedded content, sponsored content or co-branded content. Except as set forth in this Policy, we do not share your Personal Data with those third parties and are not responsible for the privacy policies of any third party or their management of your Personal Data. Because they may treat your Information differently than we do, we suggest you read the privacy policies on those third-party websites prior to submitting any Personal Data to such sites.
In addition, you may be redirected to a third-party platform for certain functions, including returns, forms, and customer service. See above section regarding “Sharing of Information.”
Opting Out of Communications
As described above, we may use the Personal Data we collect from you to send you newsletters or other communications from us, including those promotional or marketing in nature. If you do not want to receive such communications, you can opt out by clicking here.
You may also at any time opt out of receiving communications from us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out.”
Disallowing Cookies and Location Data Collection
You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information, which we collect about you by automated means, by changing the settings in the device you use to access the Services. In addition, your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Services.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at:
Your Right to Access, Review, and Delete Personal Data
Under certain laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold Personal Data about you, request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, restrict the use of the data, receive the data in a portable format, receive copies of the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, object to the continued processing or use of your Personal Data, complain to a supervisory authority, and have the Personal Data blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access Personal Data may be limited in some circumstances by local law. If you qualify, in order to exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
1530 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA, US 22209
We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
Please understand, however, that we reserve the right to retain an archive of such Personal Data for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such Information.
Do Not Track
We use analytics systems and providers and participate in ad networks that process Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
Note, however, that you may find information about how to opt out of online behavioral advertising and/or block or reject certain tracking technologies in the section caption “Disallowing Cookies and Location Data Collection” above.
Your California Privacy Rights
Last Updated: July 19th, 2022
I. NOTICE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not Personal Information. To the extent this data is stored or associated with Personal Information, it will be treated as Personal Information; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
Categories of Personal Information
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as a real name, account name, email address, online identifier, internet protocol address, mobile device identifier (including Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), such as your name, account or mailing address, phone number, credit card number, and debit card number.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the pages you visit; the sites you use before or after visiting ours; your actions within the Services; the type of content or advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on; Wi-Fi connections; date and time stamps; log files; and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as voicemails on our customer service phone line.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and shopping behavior.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of Personal Information, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Responding to your requests, communicating with you regarding the Services and our content, providing product information, servicing your requests and orders, and providing you with the applicable services, features or functionality associated with your submission(s).
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you promotional or marketing communications, which may include contests, promotions, and special offers for products and services.
- For internal business purposes, such as optimizing the Services, evaluating the popularity of content or effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, generating statistics and developing marketing plans, and otherwise for general administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and security purposes.
- Understanding your use of the Services and improving or customizing the Services and the content, offerings, or advertisements you see on the Services.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We will not use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- From You. For example, if you choose to create an account on our website; contact us or otherwise communicate with us in any way; subscribe or opt in to our newsletter, alerts, or other communications; subscribe or opt in to SMS messages; sign up for product waitlists; participate in a contest or promotion, order our products; submit product reviews, questions, feedback or user comments; complete an optional survey; contact customer service; or otherwise interact with the Services.
- Operating Systems and Platforms. For example, we automatically collect information relating to the computer or device you are using when you access our Services, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device identifiers, the type of browser and operating system you are using, and your device and browser settings.
- Data Analytics Providers. For example, we and our technology providers automatically collect data related to your use of the Services through the use of logging and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies and as a result of your use of and access to the Services, such as the pages you visit, the sites you use before or after visiting ours, your actions within the Services, the type of content or advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on, Wi-Fi connections, date and time stamps, log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Social Networks. For example, if you connect to our Services through a third-party social network such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (each, a “Social Network”), we may collect Personal Information from your profile, such as your name, username, and e-mail address..
Sharing of Personal Information
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have shared the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- Category 1: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
- Category 3: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
- Category 4: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
- Category 5: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
Finally, we may share your Personal Information: (i) in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; (ii) when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others; and in connection with the enforcement of our Terms of Service and other agreements; or (iii) in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
II. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to info@sundawsoncom, and are free of charge. You may also opt out via phone by contacting us at 1-(888) 771-9344 PIN: 987987. However, we do not disclose personal information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The CCPA provides California residents with the following rights:
1. Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the Personal Information we collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you in the past 12 months. This includes a request to know any or all of the following:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that we have sold or disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
2. Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of Personal Information we have collected and maintained about you in the past 12 months.
3. Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that if you request deletion of your Personal Information, we may deny your request or may retain certain elements of your Personal Information if it is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between our business and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
4. Right to Opt-In to Financial Incentives: You have the right to opt-in to financial incentives. You also have the right to opt-out at any time. Please contact us for more information about the financial incentive(s) and/or price or service difference(s) that we may offer.
5. Right to Opt-Out/In: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. You also have the right to opt-in to the sale of Personal Information. Please see our Notice of Right to Opt-Out on our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page for more information about your opt-out/in rights. You may also opt out via phone at 1-833-796-0136 PIN: 987987.
6. Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Some of our products and services, however, may require your Personal Information. If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our products or services, you may not be able to use those products or services. In addition, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
III. SUBMITTING A VERIFIED CONSUMER REQUEST
To exercise your Right to Know, Data Portability, and Right to Delete, you must provide us with sufficient information to allow us to verify your identity, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Once we receive the information you provide to us, we will review it and determine if more information is necessary to verify your identity as required by law, and we may request additional information in order to do so.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by:
- You may also opt out via phone at 1-833-796-0136; PIN: 987987.
- Visiting contact to submit a request.
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for Right to Know or Data Portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity with at least two (2) pieces of information, such as name and email address.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent
If any authorized agent submits a consumer request on your behalf, in order to confirm that person or entity’s authority to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity, we require the below items:
- To verify your authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, provide one or more of the following: (1) California Secretary of State authorization, (2) written permission from the California resident, or (3) power of attorney.
- Sufficient information to verify the authorized agent’s identity, depending on the nature of the request.
- To verify the identity of the California resident for whom the request is being made, provide the information set forth above for verification of the consumer request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the request’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within ten (10) business days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For Data Portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
IV. SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for money. However, the CCPA defines “sale” broadly, and that definition could include information that we have shared with certain technology providers that provide certain services to us, including delivering advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. In the past twelve (12) months, we have “sold” (as defined under the CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Category 1: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
- Category 3: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
- Category 4: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
- Category 5: Advertising Networks and Social Networks
We “sell” (as defined under the CCPA) your Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you promotional or marketing communications, which may include contests, promotions, and special offers for products and services.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions.
We do not and will not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization.
Do Not Track
We use analytics systems and providers and participate in ad networks that process Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
V. NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVE(S)
From time to time, we may offer a financial incentive and/or price or service difference to our customers related to the collection of Personal Information. This Notice of Financial Incentive(s) explains the financial incentives or price or service differences that we may offer, so that you can make an informed decision on whether you would like to participate.
Customers who sign up for our emails may receive a coupon code on their next purchase. You can opt-in to receive this code by providing your email address and/or phone number. You have the right to withdraw your consent to participate at any time and can do so by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing communications.
Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to Personal Information. However, in the event we are required by law to assign such value in the context of financial incentives or price or service differences that we offer, we have valued the Personal Information collected and used as being equal to the value of the discount code or financial incentive offered, and the calculation of the value is based upon a reasonable and good-faith estimate often involving the consideration of (i) the categories of Personal Information collected (e.g., email addresses and phone numbers), (ii) the value of the discount offered, and (iii) the value of the total purchase (excluding taxes and fees). The disclosure of the value described herein is not intended to waive, nor should be interpreted as a waiver to, our proprietary or business confidential information, including trade secrets, and does not constitute any representation with regard to generally accepted accounting principles or financial accounting standards.
VI. MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS CALIFORNIA NOTICE
This California Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this California Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised California Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this California Notice, such as by posting a notice on the Services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised California Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended California Notice.
VII. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE
If you have any questions or concerns about this California Notice and/or how we process Personal Information, please contact us at:
Skims Body, Inc.
1530 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA, US 22209
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their personal data not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their personal data is not currently being sold. Requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Data Transfers
If you are located outside the United States, including in the EEA, we transfer Personal Data for processing in the United States, including Personal Information sent via e-mails or when you make an order. Under the GDPR, we are considered a “controller” of the Personal Data of EEA Data Subjects. By using the Services outside the United States, you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your Personal Data in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and Personal Data may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States. For transfers of data into and out of the EEA, pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR, we use standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Rights of EEA Residents
Our purpose for collecting and processing Personal Data from EEA Data Subjects is to provide them with the features and functionalities of our Services and information regarding our Services. The legal basis for processing Personal Data is because it is necessary for performance of a contract between us to provide you with the Services and its related features and functionality and in other circumstances may be necessary for our legitimate interests in making the Services available and secure, or to exercise our rights or comply with legal obligations. We also rely on your consent to receive information about our Services. You may withdraw consent from receiving marketing and promotional communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link on the communication or sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Opt Out.” If EEA Data Subjects do not provide Personal Data to us or withdraw consent for processing such Personal Data, we may not be able to provide such individuals with certain features or functionalities of the Services or information regarding the Services, including processing orders. Note that we do not collect any sensitive personal information about you.
EEA Data Subjects may obtain information about the Personal Data that we hold about them by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make changes to this Policy, such policy will be re-posted in the "Privacy" section of our Services with the date such modifications were made indicated on the top of the page. Therefore, please review this Policy from time to time so that you are aware when any changes are made to this Policy. If you have any questions about the changes that were implemented, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Information Regarding Updated Policy” in the subject line. In any event, your continued use of the Services after such change constitutes your acceptance of any such change(s), and if you do not accept any changes, you may choose not to use the Services or opt out by sending us an appropriate notice.
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy” in the subject line of your email.
Terms of Service
Last updated July 19, 2022
Welcome to the SUNDAWSON™ website, sundawson.com (the “Site”). The Site is operated by SUNDAWSON™ (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”). By accessing or using our Site you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service ("Terms of Service"), regardless of whether you are a registered user of the Site. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, then do not use the Site.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN, AMONG OTHER THINGS, AN ARBITRATION PROVISION CONTAINING A CLASS ACTION WAIVER. PLEASE READ THE MISCELLANEOUS SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
These Terms of Service are effective as of the date posted above and we will not be bound by any additional or different terms or other documents that are inconsistent with these Terms of Service. Company may modify or update these Terms of Service at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site and such terms shall be effective for all use of the Site and Services (as defined below) once they are posted. Your continued access to the Site and/or use of the Site or the Services provided on the Site following the posting of any additional or different terms in the Terms of Service constitutes your acceptance of those additional or different terms. Company, in its sole discretion, may also add, delete or change some or all of the features of the Site or Company's Services at any time.
As used herein, “User” or "Users" means anyone who accesses and/or uses the Site.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Description of the Services
2. Collection of Customer Data
If you wish to purchase products from the Site or obtain information regarding the Services, we or our e-commerce provider will obtain contact and payment information from you (“Customer Data”). Certain payment and processing options may direct you away from the Site to a third-party site.
By providing Customer Data, you agree: (i) to these Terms of Service; (ii) to provide true, accurate, current and complete Customer Data; (iii) to maintain and promptly update the Customer Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; (iv) for security reasons, to maintain the confidentiality of Customer Data; (v) to ensure that you properly exit from your account at the end of each session and to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security; and (vi) to take full responsibility for all activities that occur under any customer account created for your use.
Company is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or to which you do not have rights, or if Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof).
This Site is intended solely for Users who are at least 16 years of age or older, and any registration by, use of or access to the Site by anyone who is not at least 16 years of age is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms of Service. By using the Services or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 16 years of age or older, and that you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service. If you violate any of these Terms of Service, or otherwise violate an agreement between you and us, or for any other reason, the Company may terminate your registration and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Services or the Site (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Services or the Site), at any time in its sole discretion. You agree that the Company will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your membership, account, or use of or access to the Site or the Services.
4. Proprietary Rights
Company retains all right, title and interest in and to the Services, as well as all data, information, content and materials provided on the Services. Company further retains all right, title and interest in and to the business processes, procedures, methods and techniques used within the Services and all patent rights, copyright rights, trademark rights, trade secret rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein existing anywhere in the world ("Intellectual Property") to such Services. All content on the Site, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), are our proprietary property with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
5. Content of Site and Products
While we try to maintain the accuracy of the Site, we are not responsible if information on the Site is not accurate, complete or current. Any reliance on the material on this Site is at your own risk. Prices and descriptions for our products are subject to change without notice. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or the Services.
Information on the Site regarding our products may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Site is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Site, including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update to the Site should be taken to indicate that all the information on the Site has been modified or updated.
Products available through the Site are subject to our Return Policy. Certain products may be available in limited quantities. Although we have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear on the Site, we cannot guarantee that your device or computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products that we offer and to discontinue any product at any time.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us and, in our sole discretion, may limit or cancel quantities purchased per person or per order. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address or phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by unauthorized dealers, resellers, or distributors.
6. Content Submitted by Users
By providing information through the Site, including any product reviews, photographs, comments or other submissions (“Submission”), you certify that your Submission consists of original material to which you have all the rights; that your Submission does not violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, privacy or any rights creating claims for idea misappropriation or the right of publicity; that your Submission does not contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene or that is known to be false; and that your Submission does not include any private or personally identifiable information regarding any third party.
By providing your Submission, you grant the Company a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and sublicensable worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify and otherwise exploit your Submission, with or without attribution, and hereby waive all moral rights therein; without limiting the foregoing, you further acknowledge and agree that any Submission will not be returned or kept confidential; that the Company is not obligated to use or pay you for the Submission; that the Company may publish the Submission in perpetuity in all markets worldwide and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, including the Site; that the Company may edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service; that the Submission may be edited for length, clarity and/or functionality; that we may display your name in conjunction with the Submission; and that your Submission may be shared with legal authorities if the Company believes it is warranted or appropriate, or pursuant to a legal request.
7. Referral Program
The Company may at its discretion provide you with the opportunity to refer customers to the Company (“Referral Program”). In submitting referrals to the Company, you acknowledge that you have the right to make such referrals, that your referrals do not violate the privacy or other rights of third parties, and that your referrals do not violate any of these Terms of Service. You further acknowledge that the Company in its sole discretion may terminate the Referral Program at any time. If the Company terminates the Referral Program, it will have no obligation to compensate you for any referrals and your right to make referrals will terminate.
8. Prohibited Conduct
You agree to use the Site and Services only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms of Service and any applicable laws, rules and regulations.
You may not:
- use the Site or the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or the Services, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the Services, or the devices, computer systems or networks connected to the Site or the Services through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site or the Services any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site or the Services any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site or the Services any materials that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by law;
- run Mail list, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Site or the Services;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site, including to engage in the practices of "screen scraping," "database scraping" or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or the Services or any activities conducted on the Site or the Services, including to utilize framing techniques to enclose any Site Content or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over the Site's pages, or otherwise affect the display of the Site's pages;
- download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any materials;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site or the Services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Site or the Services or collect information about its Users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by the Company, any of its affiliates or any third parties;
- use the Site or the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (including, without limitation, in violation of any United States federal and state laws or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- share or disclose with anyone any information obtained through the Site or the Services about any investment offerings; or
- use the Site or the Services for any commercial purpose whatsoever other than for your personal use.
9. Linked Sites
10. Text Messaging
If you choose to receive from or send to Company any text messages, Company will not charge you for the text messaging; however, standard text messaging rates will apply to each text message sent or received as provided in your wireless rate plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). For more information, contact customer service.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE PROCESSING AND TRANSMISSION OF COMMUNICATIONS RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING YOUR DATA, MAY INVOLVE TRANSMISSIONS OVER VARIOUS NETWORKS AND CHANGES TO CONFORM AND ADAPT TO TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS OF CONNECTING TO VARIOUS NETWORKS OR DEVICES. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY DATA, INFORMATION OR CONTENT TRANSMITTED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE.
WHILE WE HAVE ENDEAVORED TO CREATE A SECURE AND RELIABLE SITE, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SECURITY OF INFORMATION TRANSMITTED VIA THE INTERNET, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION. YOU MUST MAKE YOUR OWN DETERMINATION AS TO THESE MATTERS. THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF ANY DELAY OR OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF CUSTOMER OR ANY OF ITS REPRESENTATIVES, ACTS OF MILITARY OR CIVIL AUTHORITIES, FIRE OR OTHER CASUALTY, STRIKES, LOCKOUTS, WEATHER, EPIDEMIC, WAR, RIOT, TERRORISM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS INTERRUPTIONS OR COMPUTER VIRUSES. THE SITE MAY BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE FROM TIME TO TIME FOR MAINTENANCE OR OTHER REASONS.
12. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS LICENSORS, TOGETHER WITH ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND SHAREHOLDERS (THE “COMPANY PARTIES”), BE LIABLE (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR (I) ANY LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (II) THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS SHALL ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY'S AND COMPANY PARTIES’ COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AGGREGATE OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE THAT ANY CLAIM ARISES OR (B) $100.
Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company and its affiliates, together with its and their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs including any incurred in enforcement of this provision) arising out of (i) your use or misuse of the Site or the Services, (ii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms of Service, and (iii) your violation of any law, rule, regulation or violation of any rights of others in connection with your use of the Site or the Services.
You agree that Company, in its sole discretion and without prior notice or liability to you, may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate your account, at our sole discretion, for any reason, whether with or without cause or warning, and without liability. In the event of termination of your account, the Company may delete and/or store, in its discretion, data associated with your use of the Site. In the event of termination, the Company has no further obligations to you.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Company with respect to your access and use of the Site and the Services and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements between you and Company. If any of the provisions of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be construed in a manner consistent with applicable laws to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The provisions of Sections 3-8, and 11-15 shall survive any termination of these Terms of Service.
This Site is targeted at and intended for visitors residing in the United States. Given the global nature of the Internet, however, the Site may be accessed by visitors residing outside of the United States. We make no representations or warranties that the Site is appropriate or available for use in countries outside of the United States. Visitors who choose to access the Site from outside of the United States do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws and regulations that may apply to such access.
The laws applicable to the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall be the laws of the State of California, and applicable federal law, without regard to any conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within the county of Los Angeles, California.
Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action (including the interpretation and scope of this clause, and the arbitrability of the controversy, dispute, demand, count, claim, or cause of action) between you and the Company or its successors or assigns shall exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration.
Arbitration shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. Unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be conducted before one arbitrator and will be governed by the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the “Rules and Procedures”).
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you and the Company must abide by the following rules: (1) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR THE COMPANY MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (2) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF; (3) the arbitration shall be confidential, and neither you nor the Company may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award; (4) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (5) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and, in such instance, the fees and costs awarded shall be determined by the applicable law.
The Company may assign these Terms of Service at any time to a subsidiary or parent company or to a successor to its business as part of a merger or sale of substantially all of its assets. You may not assign or transfer these Terms of Service. If any provision of this Terms of Service is held to be unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will be unaffected and remain in full force and effect.
For any questions or comments, or to report violations of these Terms of Service, including receipt of spam from a user, contact the Company at: email@example.com with “Terms of Service” in the subject line of your email.